“RUPARELIYA DENTAL CLINIC” where you can get all the treatments by Prosthodontist , Orthodontist , Oral Surgeon, Pedodontist, Periodontist and Endodontist under one roof.
As nowadays it’s an era of specialized doctors for every branch ,same is applicable for dentistry also. Before going for any dental treatment we must know what are different branches of dentistry & which dental treatment comes under them.
Let’s Know about different branches and treatment provided by respective branches of dentistry by this article : (only clinical branches are included). So, the first branch is,
1) specialists are known as “Prosthodontist” This branch deals with placing the “ARTIFICIAL TEETH ” in patient’s mouth (fixed or removable.) this may be
i) Teeth removed from the jaw
ii) Congenitally (from birth) absent teeth
iii) Full mouth dentures, fixed or removable PARTIAL dentures
iv) IMPLANTS (Titanium screw which acts as tooth root)
v) Part of the jaw removed during accidental injury or cancer treatment
2) specialists are known as “” It mainly deals with “SAVING THE TOOTH” Like Root canal Treatment (RCT) , different restorations like cements sliver filling and latest tooth colored light cure composite resin for “CARIOUS TEETH” .
RCT is generally done when the innermost layer of tooth known as “pulp” is infected or injured by carriers trauma to tooth or any
other reason. In this treatment , infected pulp is removed and artificial material is placed in the roots of teeth . And tooth is saved.
3) Periodontiaspecialists are known as “Periodontist” . It mainly deals with “Gums Diseases” Like Pyorrhea, Plaque and calculus deposits assured tooth leads to damage to gums and bone supporting the tooth and causing PUS discharge in it , The treatment for this is “FLAP SURGERY” In flap surgery , gums surrounding the tooth is opened and all the calculus and damaged tissues are removed and cleaned and is packed. Which results in production of healthy tissues , bone & gums which increases life of teeth. During this surgery if required bone powder is also filled in places where bone loss is more. That process is known as “Bone Grafting”.
4) :Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon. It deals with :specialists are known as
i) Extraction of impacted teeth (Wisdom tooth)
ii) Fracture of jaw.
iii) Surgeries for cysts and tumours of jaw bones
5) specialists are known as “orthodontist” . It deals with aligning misaligned teeth . we see clips in many kids of 12 – 15 years age. That is done by orthodontists .Best results are achieved if that treatment is started around 12-13 years of age .
6) specialists are known as “Pedodontist” . It mainly deals with treatment of child’s teeth. We generally believe that 1st dentition (milk teeth or primary definition ) in kids has no importance but It’s wrong. It plays major role in child’s appearance, speech chewing , growth of the jaws and proper alignment of forthcoming permanent Teeth . A pedodontist knows how to treat a child properly and how to deal with fearful child.
7) specialists are known as “Stomatologist” . It mainly deals with diagnosing and taking
X-rays of different diseases of teeth and jaws. like oral cancers , cysts and few skin diseases.
Hope this article has increased our knowledge about different branches of dentistry . “ oral cavity is the reflection of our body.” We generally think , we should rush to dentist only when our tooth ache and harass us but visiting a dentist every 6 months for check-up always our forthcoming dental problems with proper treatment plan.
Most of the dental disease does not cure with mere medications it requires proper dental treatment ; and laziness in reaching to dentist invites complications.
To gain painless proper treatment we must visit various dental specialists For that in the modern dental clinic you can get different treatments by respecting specialists under one roof. As in “RUPARELIYA DENTAL CLINIC” where you can get all the treatments by Prosthodontist , Orthodontist , Oral Surgeon, Pedodontist, Periodontist and Endodontist under one roof.